A view of the end gable and the roof joints.
A support beam near the center of the church.
National Register of Historic Places plaque on exterior wall of the church.
OLDEST CHURCH BUILDING
WEST OF THE ALLEGHENY MOUNTAINS
SOCIETY OF METHODISTS ORGANIZED
FIRST BISHOP OF AMERICAN METHODISTS
WAS PRESENT AT THE RAISING OF THE CHURCH
DEDICATED THIS LOG MEETING HOUSE
AND HELD THREE ANNUAL CONFERENCES IN
MAY 1792, 1793, 1796.
THE CHURCH WAS BUILT CHIEFLY BY THE
MEANS OF AND THROUGH THE INDUSTRY OF
WHO DEEDED FOR CHURCH AND
BURYING GROUNDS FIVE ACRES FOR
AS LONG AS GRASS GROWS AND WATER FLOWS
RESTORED IN 1927 UNDER SUPERVISION OF
REVEREND GEORGE W. RICHARDSON